Thursday, July 5, 2007

Lost 9lbs in 9 days!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I finished my cleanse strong, 9lbs lost! I still feel good and want to continue the program. Tony feels like I shouldn't continue with the maintenance program until I'm done with competing for this year. I was really getting used to the shakes and I feel they definitely suppress my cravings or the urge to overeat. Yesterday for the 4th I brought along my own turkey burger with WW buns and big salad. The meat everyone else was eating was cheap and gross, all I could think about was how nasty and greasy the burgers and dogs were. I did indulge myself with moms homemade vanilla ice cream, but unlike times before I was able to cut myself off from it, oh and i couldn't eat all of my burger. So overall the 9day cleanse 1)helped me shed some of the weight gained back from my last show 2)made me more aware of ingesting toxins in the future 3)suppresses my cravings. During the cleanse out of a mindless habit, I stuck my head in the fridge just looking for something to stuff my face with, but I actually stopped and realized nothing sounded good and I wasn't really hungry. Also I mindlessly went after the Tostitos, only to eat just 3 and be satisfied, this is so not me I eat whole bags, hehe. I find myself not wanting to eat packaged cookies and candy, b/c of all the preservatives and junk they are made with. Now I want to eat nothing but whole foods, defintely no fast food. I'm still going to drink the Ionix Supreme, b/c its just too awesome to not take.

As for as competing goes, I'm just not going to be able to do the Europa. This is not only b/c of my current physique, but due to work schedule, my education, and my finances. Last weekend I worked 15hrs 2 of the 3 days. One of the days I had a paper to turn in online by 10pm, my brain just couldn't work with such little sleep. Have you ever been so exhausted and had so much to still do, that you just sit and cry? Well that was me. Prepping for a show means I must train 7 days... 4 days won't cut it. I'm still going to go to the Europa for fun and motivation. Instead I'm going to compete in the Heart of Texas Figure show sept. 15th. This will be the last show of the year in my area then I will go into my off season!!!! Although I put in for a job transfer within my job, my work hours should not be so long where I won't be able to train.

Right now I'm still training hard and getting in extra cardio. I haven't talked to Tony much lately, we keep missing each other. I realize he has a lot going on with his dad's illness, but I feel like he has been out of touch more lately, even before his dad's news...is this just me? Anyways I successfully conquered his challenge yesterday!!! I was worried I wouldn't be able to b/c it has been raining consistently here for 3 wks straight and my gym was going to be closed for the holiday. However I woke up early to no rain, power walked outside for 30min, walk/run for 1hr, and finished with a 30min power walk...first time ever to do 2hrs cardio consecutively, go me! I will try calling Tony tonight and see what the game plan is.

I have a midterm and a long assignment due this Sunday night, so if I don't get on here its b/c my head will be in the books and my butt will be in the gym.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Hey Hollie,

No, you're not the only one missing Tony, he has so much on his plate right now:(.

Awesome job with the cleanse..I want to try it but afraid to fail...

I know a couple others who are competing in the heart of TX in Sept...Good luck girl and kick butt.

Oh if you email me at trojanbabe@hotmail.com, I can add you to my blogroll.

B

April said...

Tony and I keep missing each other too:( 9 lbs in 9 day is awesome!! I need to lose 12 lbs in 12 weeks, hope I can????

doidle said...

Hey Hollie!

My name is Mary - I have a blog too - I think you can access it through here. Anyway, I live in Dallas and plan on going to the Europa. It would be great to meet up there...my email is doidle@sbcglobal.net.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Laurie said...

Okay you're totally sold me on this cleanse deal, next time I'm in! I can't believe what it did for you mentally as well.

Add me to the list that on the Tony communication issue - I'm glad to know it's not just me. Hard to say what's going on with his dad, and you feel for him - it's a tough call.

Lori said...

I want to do the cleans too but I am just sure I can't do it. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it.

Lori said...

How many competitions have you done? I keep trying but come up with injuries and financial issues.

Sydney said...

Funny that you mentioned the Tony "thing". My husband and I are both clients and I have noticed a definite change in his one-on-one contact. I think his dad's illness has added to it, but I was aware of it a few months ago.
Good luck with all that you have going on in your own crazy schedule! Hope you don't mind that I add you to my blog favorites--let me know if you do!