Friday, July 13, 2007

Eye on the prize

Why does peeling egg shells have to be such a big pain in my butt? Of course I'm jacked up on green tea extract when my patience starts running thin. Tony sent me my new meal plan that starts today and it looks like I will be shelling eggs every dang day. My mom says they shouldn't be so hard to peel if they are not as fresh as 1-2days from the grocer. Do any of you have any suggestions? Half the time mine come out pretty and smooth, but half the time they come out rugged.

For post-weights T suggested that I try "Jay Robb's Yammit" as my carb mixed with the PP. In the past I haven't been using a MRP, but PP +apple. I picked up "Jay Robb's Vanilla PP" to mix with the "Yammit" and OMG! When I mix the two in the blender, add pumpkin spice, sprinkle of cinnamon, 12oz H20, and lots of ice=tastes like a sinful treat! Now I simply can't wait to push some iron.

I've been "clean" for 4 days and it feels GREAT! Last night I really had the test put to me. My dad needed my mom to pick him up out of town since he had to leave his chopper in the shop. My mom hates to drive, especially in heavy traffic on major highways, so I had to accompany her. After picking up pops he had to have a margarita... I am a margarita lush well in my past exciting life! So we went to Pappasitos, sat at the bar, rents had their special margaritas, chips and salsa, and chicken & shrimp fajitas. I didn't have one chip, one bite, or one sip. Instead I looked up and down the bar,noticed no figure models, no fitness enthusiasts, nothing but overweight people. I imagined my trophy sitting across from me at the table. My dad asked if I wasn't hungry, I replied, "I have my eye on the prize!" I very well could have taken in the aroma, felt sorry for myself, or like last week could have told myself, "oh I'll start over tomorrow". No, I refuse to throw away my focus, my 3 days of clean eating, and definitely not my 2nd trophy. Its moments like last night that will get me a winning physique. I figured if my husband can't eat fajita and ritas right now, I can wait until he gets home. Right now I'm just going to keep making each day my best. I'm reminded of the video T sent out a couple months ago about giving your best, well I'm applying my best in every aspect of my life, one day at a time.

On the home front we are changing out computers and will be having to mess with our network sometime today. Hopefully I will be able to join cyberspace on Sunday. Yall have a great weekend and stay strong, remember "Time waits on no one"

Peace

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Their Cevieche(sp?) simply socks my world

KatieFeldmom said...

Ditto the ice cold water.
YAY on passing up the temptations!!!

Barbara said...

I meant rocks not socks....LMAO

April said...

LOL! Do I have an egg story for you....great job on the clean eating keep it up!!

Lori said...

I was going to say what Eileen said.

Tracy said...

You ROCK chica.

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE!!

Mia said...

ice water works :0) I tell my clients that i train to do it too. Big T gave me a shoulder workout yesterday that has me dying today :) I luv that guy!!!!!

BTW,,,great picture on the last post,,nice guns :)

mia

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the ice thing with the eggs!
I've been wanting to try that "Yammit" stuff...now I will! Thanks for the info :)