Friday, June 15, 2007

Water weight continues to go down!!! Everything has been going as planned. For the past few days I was on the high protein/no carb/healthy fat plan(pretty much all fish), today my oatmeal tasted like heaven! Having no carbs those days felt kind of good, I didn't feel so heavy. I work Sat-Mon 4am-3pm on my feet the entire time. Today I'm trying to get everything in order so that when I get off work, I can hit the gym, hit the books, and hit the bed. I hate my schedule, I hate getting up at 3am! Most of all when on this schedule, my gym is not yet opened for me to get in fasted cardio, and I don't feel safe running on the streets here at 2am. The hardest part is getting my butt to bed early on Friday, like 6pm is what I shoot for, but most of the time I don't fall asleep until 10pm. Thank goodness I only work 3 days out of the week. The days I don't feel like studying, I ask myself if I would rather be working, but the real answer is, I rather be cooking or at the gym :) If you must know, I work at a wal-mart grocery distribution center, so yeah, I have to look at food ALL 11 hrs! Its the sugary cereals and peanut butter that make me want to drool all over myself. Only reason I work there, the pay is good and it works with my school schedule...all the more reason to make good grades and graduate asap! So today I tried a new, yummy chicken marinade I found here http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pretty-Chicken-Marinade/Detail.aspx. I try to watch my sodium, so I used very little of the soy sauce. I grilled the chicken on my fabulous williams-sonoma indoor grill and the chicken turned out better than expected. I'm always trying out new marinade recipes, I have to keep the chicken interesting, I know all of you can relate. Also I cooked two lean-turkey loafs, once again low-no sodium. I will keep one for the week and freeze the other one for later use. My house hasn't smelled this good in so long. I am so welcoming the flavor back into my diet, too bad not for long. I still need to eat, get in my back workout, tan, and study more. Have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

April said...

I actually feel good on the no carb diet. I've asked Tony to throw some more in (i know i'm weird) He won't though:( Keep it up! That recipe looks tasty!!

EM :) said...

HI Hollie! Love your blog! Hope your contest prep is going well! I'm 'attempting' my 1st one (fitness) on Sept. 22nd! I'll keep checkin in on you! My blog is:
emmaleena.blogspot.com
TRAIN HARD!

Lori said...

You are BEAUTIFUL! I just saw your picture below. You have crappy work hours too...sometimes I work 4am to 4pm. sucks.

Lori
www.steventylerwantsme.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

Yes you ARE beautiful!

Lori said...

Good eye, yes the girls name on my blog is Melissa. I can't even remember where I found that picture.

beth said...

HI Hollie, I am inspired by your success with Tony. I have been with him for over a year and due to his dismay...spin my wheels. I am going to eat clean for one month. My start day is tomorrow and I want to see what can happen. Thanks for the inspiration!

Laurie said...

I've been doing the same diet plan for 3 days a week for the past 3 weeks and I'm getting awfully tired of dry tuna, and dry turkey. I love to cook as well - my poor Cooking Light subscription is just stacking up waiting for me. I'm sure you know but there is a Lower Sodium Soy Sauce out there - still hight, yet lower than regular.