Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Here we go...

My before pic was taken when I moved back home after living a destructive lifestyle in Austin. Upon moving home I was depressed and ate whatever I wanted, when I wanted. The before pic was taken sometime around either Thanksgiving or Christmas 2005...I was seriously dazed and confused during this time of my life so its hard to recall. In Austin I had a trainer more off than on and went to the gym occasionally. Often times I would skip meals, sleep in late, and consume lots of alcohol(working in the bar/club industry). I do know September of 2006 I signed up at my current gym(Dang Gym), worked out everyday, but never progressed as a result of poor diet and lack of motivation. In January 2006, my gym hosted a "Biggest Dang Loser" contest. Any contestant who lost 20lbs in 12wks, won 3 free months of membership. I finally got serious by incorporating what I had accomplished with BFL in years past and info I received by analyzing journals on bodybuilding.com. At the end of the contest I had lost 18lbs, I was bummed I didn't lose 20 but definitely took the 18...I went from 154lb to 136lb in 3 months! March 2006 I started lifting with a female personal trainer by the name of Tacy, who might be reading this:) We worked out well together, first time I actually lifted heavy and started to make gains. I should note it was around this time I started lurking more at Stacey's blog and wanting to know more of her experience with Tony. Around October I stumbled upon Beka's blog and then I was sold. I thought if these two hot chicks are both satisfied I will give Tony a try for 1 month. I began my journey with Tony in November 2006, weighing at 145lb. After completing 6wks with Tony and making great progress his words were, "now if I could just get you to compete". I had always been told I had the body for a bodybuilder, not figure, my legs were supposedly "too muscular and big for figure". Tony completely disagreed and could see me transforming into a figure competitor. From that point I had planned to compete April 28th at the Ronnie Coleman Classic, but my long-time boyfriend at the time suggested we get married in Vegas march 31st. We got married and I competed in my first and only show so far on May 12, where I surprisingly won! My after pic I weighed b/w 113-115lb, the lowest I have ever weighed in my life. I only see myself weighing that for contest reasons only. In person I looked anorexic and had worked my tale off literally. The best part was the night before the show, our hotel room had floor-ceiling mirrors everywhere. As I practiced my poses and reapplied paint, I just couldn't get over the girl staring back at me in the mirror. My girlfriend who had accompanied me asked, "hollie did you ever have cellulite?", hahahahahaha Oh did I ever!

As for as the first time I felt in shape? Not until I started doing daily 1hr walk/runs did I know I was truly in shape. I had always wished to be a runner, for it not to hurt and to actually enjoy it.

Ok I must leave to do my second hour of cardio before the gym closes. As much as I want to get on the gauntlet,my glutes are hurtin from the heavy machine lunges in last nights w/o, so I'm not sure what kind I'm going to do, maybe I will just run!

When I get in I promise to stop by all of yalls blogs! I'm feeling highly motivated and mentally strong today. The carb cycling is going super, no cheating whatsoever! Its amazing how clean eating makes you feel emotionally, isn't it?! Adam called today and we will get to talk the next couple of days! He's in Dubai right now and tomorrow he's going to a waterpark with some buddies. I can just imagine how white he is from being stuck in the bottom of the ship all this time, poor white boy is going to fry in that sun. I don't feel ready for my final yet and honestly I probably won't feel ready the day I take it. Ok I don't want to think about school, time to burn some fat off!

4 comments:

Stef said...

Hi Hollie~
Great story! Isn't it awful how we can let ourselves get fat and out of shape?! Been there!

If you email me, I will send you an invite to my blog. It is invitation only. My email is go4steffie@aol

=)

Denise said...

Hey. Thanks for stopping by my blog. good luck on the exam. I have a test on Saturday also. Last one of the class. Your story is great. I have a long way to go. I don't think I will ever compete, but I would like to get down to a decent weight. thanks fot the inspiration.

Laurie said...

Fantastic journey you're on, I appreciate you telling your story, very inspiring. Thank you. And thank you for your recent comment on my blog, you completely made me blush and smile - thank you!

Barbara said...

Hollie..Wow.You are a huge inspiration to so many.

Wish I had known you when you were in Austin. would of loved to train with you:)

Where in TX is your next show???

Do you ever come to visit?

Cheers

Barbara